Hold the Date!!!
Everything is coming up GREEN this Spring. Put March 17, on your calendar for our TQG Spring Fling day of quilting fun!
Start with breakfast, quilt and learn new techniques with a break for lunch and end with Show and Tell and drawings for just $30.
What: Twelve quilting class choices plus Sit and Sew
When: March 17, 2018, 7:45am doors open/breakfast, classes 9am – 4:00pm
Where: Bethel Baptist Church, 1382 Elbow Rd., Chesapeake, VA 23320
We will be raffling an Accuquilt GO! fabric cutter combined with the Ohio Star block cutting die!
Our fabric raffle will be jelly rolls. There will also be a basket or two of sewing goodies.
Buy fabric kits at our guild meetings and make a block or two for a chance to win “Buzz Saw” quilt blocks. Each block you submit gives you a chance to win.
Get your scissors sharpened (knives, pruners, etc.) with Max the Knife.
Class Details (Click on class name for photo):
1. Hawaiian Hibiscus with Joy Duke: Fusible appliqué and simple embroidery stitches make this a quick project that is fun to work on wherever you may be. This project may be finished as a wall hanging, table decoration, or pillow if you like. Buy the pattern from the instructor or a local quilt shop.
2. Flying Geese Log Cabin with Lin DiGiosaffatte:
Combine two quilting favorites into one beautiful quilt.
A quick quilt that lets you use your 2 ½” strips in a unique way. Buy the pattern from Missouri Star Quilt Company
or prepay the instructor for the pattern.
3. X Block Basics – Twinkle Toes with Paula Bass:
This quilting technique is back and better than ever. Use your
X Blocks BasiX ruler and 2 ½” strips to create this quilt. A great way to use up your stash. X Block ruler and pattern can be ordered through the instructor.
4. Going Around in Circles with Joan Bryan:
Let’s do Circles! Learn to cut accurately and learn to make circles on your machine. We will do decorative stitches on your circles and do machine appliqué, all on your machine. You are stitching and inserting circles, making them perfectly with all these new techniques.
5. Advanced English Paper Piecing Millefiore Rosette #1 with Carole Harris: This project from The New Hexagon by, Katja Marek is a delight for the eye. Perfect your “fussy cutting” and EPP skills. Currently one of the most popular quilting techniques, this advanced class will take you to a new level.
6. It’s a MYSTERY with Karan Fisher: You will get some clues to start the puzzle. Your quilt will be revealed as you sew. Your experienced teacher has selected a special quilt that will delight. You will be given a supply list for this sewing machine project. Surprise!!!
7. Kaleidoscope Sampler with Christie Prenger:
Improve your piecing techniques with this showy project. No special tools or pattern. Just bring your basic sewing supplies and sewing machine, fabric, cutting mat and rotary cutter to complete the quilt.
8. Disappearing 4 Patch with Karin McElvein:
Two charm packs plus border fabric, a sewing machine and basic quilting supplies and you can make this “charming” quilt. This pattern makes an ample baby quilt or small lap quilt.
9. Pennies All Around with Abby Geddes: This wool project is available in several colors in a complete kit required for the class for $15, available from the teacher. A perfect candle mat or small table topper. Students will learn how to assemble stacked circles of wool with the Blanket Stitch and then attach them together without a backing. Students should bring pins and small scissors for snipping thread.
10. From My Window with Carole Dull: This charming quilt sews together quickly creating a wonderful gift for the new baby. Use the pattern created by Carole with fusible appliqué and 2 ½” strips or fat quarters. Learn techniques to adapt the appliqué to the baby. Adorable!
11. Sashiko with Millie Johnson: Master this Japanese hand quilting technique. This workshop will demonstrate how to transfer Sashiko design to fabric & how to stitch a Sashiko block. Millie will cover traditional Japanese designs & contemporary designs.
12. Hand Quilting with Linda Gower: Learn how to quilt by hand with the Viewers’ Choice winner from the 2016 TQG Quilt Show.
13. Sit and Sew: Give yourself the gift of time to work on a special project while enjoying socializing with other quilters. Finish a project – that quilt you want to enter in the 2018 TQG Quilt Show, perhaps. As a special bonus, we will be available to help you get a sleeve on your quilt, so it will be ready for the show. Always a popular class choice.
Signup with the form in the newsletter or click this link "SignUpSheet." We will be available with samples and forms at guild meetings February.